Robinson ISD offers tuition-free full-day prekindergarten for children who are at least four years of age as of September 1 and meet one of the following criteria:
- Are unable to speak and comprehend the English language.
- Are educationally disadvantaged; the term, "educationally disadvantaged," means eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program.
- If your student (not the parent) receives SNAP/TANF and/or Medicaid benefits.
- Are homeless, as defined by federal law [see FD(LEGAL)], regardless of the residence of the child, or either parent of the child, or of the child’s guardian or other person having lawful control.
- Whose parent(s) are an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority.
- Whose parent(s) are a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- Is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing under Family Code 262.201.
- Whose parent(s) were a recipient the Star of Texas Award.
Robinson Primary Pre-K Family Engagement Plan 2016-2017
You can download the eligibility requirements here.